It doesn’t hurt to take a break from your blog every now and then, especially if you’re in a blogging rut. I know sometimes I’m not sure what I want to say some days, or I have blogger’s block. After blogging about the same topic for months, even years, you might want to step back or take a break from your blog. What follows are some tips for doing just that:
- Bring in some guest bloggers – One thing I learned is how other bloggers are more than willing to step in for you. The good thing about guest bloggers is how they give you a break, but they also bring in a fresh perspective. Read their posts for new ideas.
- Take a day off – Yeah I know. We’re supposed to blog every day or we’ll lose traffic. While I agree with that to some extent, I also believe that one day with no post won’t scare anyone away permanently.
- Post a week’s worth of posts ahead of time and take a week off. It’s difficult to take a week off when blogging, but if you schedule a week’s worth of posts ahead of time, you can take some time off.
- If you’re having blogger’s block offer up a link love post. Visit your favorite blogs in your niche and discuss what’s going on there. Don’t forget links!
- Post a fun video or funny cartoon – Who says blogging has to be nothing but words. If you can’t think of anything to say, find something else that will do!
There’s nothing wrong with needed to step away from your blog, even for a day or two. You talk about the same thing day in and day out, it’s easy to see how one can suffer from burnout. Don’t be afraid to ask a guest blogger to step in or even blog off topic for a day. It might do a world of good.
What do you do when you need a break from your blog?