Four writers needed to write one article a month each for lesbian/bisexual online magazine www.Lesbilicious.co.uk.
Articles can be on any topic related to lesbian/bisexual/transgender life, and must be be between 500-1000 words long. Articles can be based on current news, general L/Bi issues, ‘how to’ features or interviews. No personal rants please – all articles must be objective.
The right candidates will have excellent writing skills and an eye for a great story. You will know how to write a catchy intro and follow up with a well structured, intelligent article.
You will be an active participant on social bookmarking sites and understand how to promote stories online.
Remuneration is $40 for each article, plus $60 bonus for hitting a very reasonable pageview numbers target – email for details.
Before you apply, please browse Lesbilicious for examples of current articles – eg ‘Why do lesbians hate bisexuals?’ or ‘How to respond to anti-gay Christians’.
To apply, email [email protected] with ‘job’ in the subject line, and the following information in the body of the email:
– State where you saw the job ad
– Briefly outline your experience in writing for the web/blogging
– Include 3 links to online work, or 3 excerpts of offline work
– Cite which social bookmarking sites you currently use
– Supply 3 ideas for possible articles for Lesbilicious. If you are selected these are likely to be the first three articles you write.
Lesbilicious is a UK-bases web magazine, but we welcome writers from across the world. Non-UK writers will be paid via PayPal.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 1 JULY 2008