Near the end of June I noted that I was considering batch processing my blogs. On July 3rd, I put this plan into action.
In case you’re unclear about what I mean by batch processing, what I’m doing is posting at one blog until I’ve posted enough for a week, and then I move on to the next blog. I used to post on a daily basis; i.e. post a few posts at each blog, each day.
So far it’s been interesting. There are some pros and cons.
- Posting on just one topic at a time is keeping me focused. I don’t have to make brain leaps from babies to architecture to organizing.
- Posting one topic at a time is faster for me. Not sure why, but it seems like I’m getting more done, in a shorter amount of time.
- I posted at my two least favorite blogs first, and I haven’t had to think about them at all for the remaining days of the week. Yay.
- Although I’m working six days a week, I’m working faster, so I’m working less than half a day each day. This has been much nicer than working ALL day 3 days a week.
Um, timing sucks. If you’ve always batch processed your blogs, from day one, there’s no issue. However, if you decide to start batch processing, you’re immediately behind by a week. This week I’ve had huge lapses in posting. It might make more sense to show you my schedule. I have 10 blogs and I broke it down like this:
- Blogs 1 & 2 – Fri
- Blog 3 – Sat
- Blog 4 – Sun
- Blog 5 – Mon
- Blog 6 – Tues
- Blogs 7 & 8 – Wed
- Blogs 9 & 10 – Whenever I want; and or have time (these are personal blogs)
Since some of my blogs have weekly quotas, I can’t just avoid them because it’s not their day yet. Also, I took a full two days off at the start of the month (needed a break), so I started off a little behind. Lastly, I forgot to work in things like email and networking.
Overall: It’s the 8th and I’m not totally on schedule yet. I’m guessing (hoping) that by this weekend, I’ll be caught up, and ahead enough everywhere, so that I’ll be following the schedule. Overall I think I like this batch processing deal. I didn’t think I would, because I thought I might get bored sticking to one topic per day, but it’s not bad, and for me faster. Once I get the timing down, I think it’ll be a perfect set-up.
Would you get bored posting on just one topic per day?