The Source is looking for a Full-Time Web Content Writer with a strong passion and knowledge of hip-hop culture. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
– Develop, write, edit original web content focused on hip-hop music, culture and politics.
– Establish and oversee relationships as needed with external content providers to ensure the quality and relevance of material.
– At least 1-2 years of writing experience with familiarity with web writing practices. Please submit samples of work, demonstrating marketing / persuasive copy-writing skills.
– In-depth understanding of grammar, punctuation and English language usage.
– Must be accurate and fast.
– Ability to write in a compelling style with advanced online research skills; adaptable voice to fit different content needs.
– Desire to learn more about SEO writing
– Must work from the Source office in NY
Additional skills that would be beneficial but not required:
– Formal education in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
– Project management experience.
– Basic understanding of HTML (keyword density, h1 & h2 tags, meta descriptions, etc.)
– Familiarity with content management systems, blogging platforms such as WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite and Mac environment.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, EMAIL A WRITING SAMPLE WITH YOUR RESUME (.DOC, .RTF, .TXT formats are acceptable) TO [email protected] DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS AUGUST 11, 2008 BY 12NOON EST.