Update: This client is no longer accepting applications. Thank you to everyone who applied.
The Azeroth Advisor (www.azerothadvisor.com) is a newsletter subscription service for players of World of Warcraft, a massively multiplayer online game. Our goal is to provide mentor-like advice so that players can get the most enjoyment out of their gaming experience.
We are looking for Editors that have at least one year of professional editing experience, and are able to work at least 5 hours/week; interest and experience with World of Warcraft is a must.
As a Style Editor, you will be asked to edit articles for grammar, format, and tone. Articles are usually between 200-800 words long, depending on the topic. You will be required to follow a standard set of guidelines (Chicago Manual of Style), as well as our internal style guide. Style Editors will report on the quality of articles and common errors found, and will be asked to make improvements to the internal style guide. Editors will be paid by the hour.
– Excellent writing and editing skills, with careful attention to detail
– Ability to work independently and efficiently
– High level of comfort working with web-based applications
– Commitment to quality
– Passion for gaming/World of Warcraft
Please send the following to azerothadvsr(at)gmail.com:
– Resume (editing and World of Warcraft experience)
– Number of hours/week available