Travelers Acceptance Corporation has since 1974 been engaged by businesses to arrange, structure and fund unique indirect consumer financing solutions that close more sales, increase the businesses customer base and overall profitability. Travelers Acceptance Corporation consults with its business clients to create term financing solutions and services specifically tailored to providers and consumers of products and services in tuition, automotive aftermarket, automotive repair, vacation ownership, healthcare, membership, consumer durables, power products and home improvement sectors.
As we expanded the awareness of our company across Canada we created and launched a number of industry trade related weekly newsletters that have become a must have source of tips and resources to our business clients, their executives, sales, marketing and industry subscribers.
Our current editor is retiring from the work force and we therefore seek a Newsletter Editor to take over our Automotive Aftermarket Finance Industry newsletter.
To subscribe and view our publications click below:
Your duties will include:
- Editorship of our line of business specific newsletters “Tips & Resources” including managing, assigning and editing contributions from other authors, researching and writing sales, marketing and business development tips, feature articles, producing the publication in MS Word, 2007 Posting the PDF version to our new web site and distributing the newsletter via MS Business Contact Manager and or traditional postage mail.
- Managing the www.travelersacceptance.com ‘s newsletter archive pages;
- Planning, editing and/or writing related tips and resources articles
- Working with our Sales, Marketing and Business Development teams to conceive create and send out e-mail alerts to subscribers.
- Crafting the monthly and annual editorial calendar – setting the tone and voice of the newsletter
- Writing 4 short stories per month (approx. 50-75(max) words each)
- Responding to occasional ‘Letters to the editor’ w/ the Publisher
- Recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and managing junior interns to assist in article research and editorial brainstorming
- Helping us shape the long-term planning and growth of our Newsletter to make it the best weekly source of resources and tips for each of our line of businesses in Canada
What we’re looking for:
- You have an impressive background in writing and can send us some samples of your recent work. (You’re a perfect speller and on top of the grammatical details too! – did you catch any in this posting?)
- You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- Strong interviewing and research skills
- The ability to network and develop contacts and sources; and
- PC Skills – Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of one of the relevant lines of Automotive Aftermarket business will be considered an asset.
- Someone with a passion and obvious talent for writing punchy ezine and or web copy
If you think you should be on our shortlist — send us your 100-150(max) word pitch in the form of an introductory story about you and your passion for one of our specific the line of business and consumer sales finance and writing. Send us your vision of the newsletter and tell us about where you want to be in 1, 3 and 5 years from now. (This is a start-up wage with room to review and increase quarter over quarter based on growth factors)
Thanks in advance, only those selected to our shortlist will be contacted for an interview.
Location: home based office environment
Compensation: $250 a month Perfect for student or part-time writer.
Telecommuting is ok.
This is a part-time job.
This is a contract job.
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a résumé and covering letter to:
Newsletter Editor role
Travelers Acceptance Corporation
4180 Lougheed Highway
Burnaby, British Columbia
Canada V5C 6A7