Ever notice how one small setback can throw your schedule off for the whole day – even an entire week? One power outage, one server issue, one phone call from school, there are so many things that can throw us off track. Regrouping can be difficult, especially if you have a lot on your place. I’ve worked around the clock with very little sleep in order to make my deadlines. As a freelancer I had a few policies in place:
1. Never make a promise I can’t keep – If I say something is going to be done a certain day, it happens.
2. Communication is key – Good communication with clients is the key to a successful career. In fact, if you let them know you had a setback, your client might be willing to give you an extension. However, using excuses constantly to get out of work or extend deadlines backfires as clients always catch on.
3. Don’t sweat the things we can’t control – Take a deep breath, have a cup of coffee, meditate…and then get back to work. Don’t panic, don’t get flustered and don’t waste precious time bemoaning things that are out of your control. Take a few minutes to relax and tackle it with good cheer. Frustration shows up in one’s writing.
What are your policies?
- Experienced Writers/Translators – Lime Labs – NYC
- Health Care Writer
- Freelance Writers for Education Site
- Writer/Editor for Pet eBook
- Translator – Native English writer to work with Gaming site from Ukraine
- Freelance Beauty Writer
- Freelance Writers -Business Development – Ipswich MA
- Daily Blogging & Writing for Tech Website – $125/week
- Hungarian Translator – Austin
- French (Canadian) Proofreader
- Seeking Chicago Writers
- Web Magazine Article Editor
- Editor – Port St Lucie FL
- Writer/Editor – $200/episode
- Press Release Writer – $50
- Business Plan Writer
- Freelance Auto Writers
- Project Manager for Church Publication
- Web Copywriter – $50/hour
- Freelance Publicist for Beauty Blog
- Experienced Grant Writers– PA
- Freelance Beauty Writers – .10/word
- Press Release Writer – San Diego
- Writer for Investment Website
- Experienced Federal Grant Wrtiers
- Editor with Secret Clearance for Contract Work – DC/Telecommute