So, as I spend hours scouring the web for the best stuff to share with you here (yeah, my job is terrible), I often come across some pretty funny people. Today, I’d like to introduce you to a couple of blogs that crack me up.
Now, this doesn’t mean that you have persmission to replace me. If you happen to have some spare time, however, you are allowed to go peek at some of these funny folks.
- Back to San Diego – Kara was the first to bring us the hilarious Thanksgiving email. As I perused her blog, I had to restrain myself from emailing her and asking her to be my new best friend. Seriously, Kara, we have so much in common: I love DMB, hate Prop 8, am a total Buffy geek, and am a freelance writer, too! Call me! (Too desperate?)
- Screw You! – So, Kathy Kerhli has far bigger cajones than I do. She gives weekly middle finger awards to deadbeats and exposes the seedy underbelly of freelancing…that is to say, bad clients.
- The Coywriter Underground – I’ll admit that I’m new to this blog, but I like the straighforward way Tom writes. It makes me grin.
- Writing Frump – How on earth one person can be so snarky and still sound so grandmotherly at the same time is beyond me. This “anonymous” writer calls out bad clients and those who might be thinking about being bad clients.
- Jackson Pearce – I’ve actually posted a couple of videos created by this “novelist, cat keeper, adventuruer.” She just got her first novel published, and it’s kind of fun to follow her journey as she mails out announcements and attends her first book signings. She also has some fairly sound advice to offer, as well as those videos.
- Freelance Freedom – Part of Freelance Switch, this blog features the comics of N.C. Winters. All about the freelance life, some of them hit a little close to home!
Do you think you have or know of a super-funny writing blog? I would love to hear about it and add it to the list. Leave me a comment!