GlobalSpec is the leading specialized vertical search engine, information services, and e-publishing company for the engineering community. Engineers, technical, and industrial buyers regularly use GlobalSpec in their work process to search for and locate products and services, learn about suppliers and access comprehensive technical content on standards, patents, materials properties, specifications, application notes and more. GlobalSpec’s trademarked search technology, SpecSearch®, allows users to search by specification the largest collection of online supplier catalogs. Suppliers representing their products and services on GlobalSpec gain a comprehensive marketing program designed to promote their brand and generate, track and manage highly-qualified sales leads.
GlobalSpec’s e-Newsletters provide timely and significant industry-related content to the professional engineering, technical, and industrial communities. Our e-Newsletter properties include 60+ business-to-business e-publications. These e-Newsletters keep readers informed of product areas of interest, new technologies, the latest industry news and trends, and use internet technology and creativity to help GlobalSpec clients reach their targeted audience of buyers on a monthly basis.
The Editor’s primary responsibility is to write headlines and a brief introduction to engaging content for a steady flow of high-quality news stories from the World Wide Web. Editors will conduct research/search activity via the Web to find stories on news, trends, new technology, product introductions, careers, and diversions that will interest the engineering, scientific, and technical community of professionals.
View our E-Newsletters at: http://www.globalspec.com/Subscriptions/SignUp?frmtrk=home
We are currently looking for editors with expertise in the following two areas: Food & Beverage Processing and Healthcare Manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical Communications and engineering experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of editorial experience in the engineering, technical, and industrial market segments.
- Web savvy professional with e-experience
- Good judgment and ability to put news quickly into value-added context and develop engaging headlines and introductory paragraphs for e-Newsletters
- Attention to detail is critical for this position
- Ability to work remotely (home office, etc.)
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Web/Internet technologies a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to recognize great and industry-relevant stories
If you feel that you could be a good fit for our Newsletter Team, please send your resume, cover letter, and writing/work samples to [email protected] with the subject line “Editor.” Qualified candidates will be contacted directly.