GenXXL.com is just about ready to come out of the woodwork and make a bang on the Internet. We are over 200 people strong, and we want steroids legalized and regulated. If you don’t agree, then don’t apply.
GenXXL.com is all about athleticism. We will cover all sports, all up-and-coming talent, and all the paths people can take to get fit or go pro.
The Junior Editor will report directly to the Chief Editor (Patricia Mayo) and assist in all editorial duties. In addition, the Junior Editor will manage the editorial suport staff which wil include a copy editor, a fact checker, research aides, and a wiki development team.
- Obtaining press passes to key events
- Selecting features for specific content categories
- Adding photos and facts to full-length articles
- Ensuring all content makes it through the entire publication process (ie – the editorial suport staff does their job)
- Fielding questions and problems from the Lead writers
- Handling all editorial support staff invoicing and questions
- Interviewing support staff candidates and coordinating with Chief Editor for selection
- Completing tasks assigned by the Chief Editor
- Excellent ability to follow complex directions
- Anal-retentive attention to detail
- Experience and familiarity with WordPress
- Virtual teams management experience
- Sports and fitness knowledge
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Excellent photo editing and selection
- Excellent nose for good news
- Daily availability
To Apply, Include:
- Your CV, if you have one (I probably won’t even look at it).
- A cover letter detailing why you’re perfect – and if you say “look at my CV” even once, your application will go in the junk pile. Long cover letters welcome!
- Select (or create) and interestingly crop one landscape oriented image 500px wide for each of the following mock headlines: “Black Monday – NFL Coaches Consider Options”, “Celebrity Trainers Spill Secrets”, and “How The Gold Was Won” – sxc.hu is a good site to find your images.
- General idea of your availability.
- Salary requirements.
Compensation between $400 and $500 weekly, DOE
CEE and CMO GenXXL.com