…a list of things. 😉
In about a week, we’ll be celebrating the biggest holiday of the year, and the frenzy is at its highest. I don’t even dare go out these days due to the heavy traffic and hordes of shoppers in the malls. But one can wish for gifts this Christmas, right?
I was thinking about the past year in terms of freelance writing as a career, and I thought it would be fun to make a freelance writer’s Christmas wishlist.
- More work. Because it keeps me busy and have an excuse not to do other things I don’t want to do (or think of things I don’t want to dwell on). Call it escapism, but…also, there is the fact that the more work you get, the more income you earn. Now, that is more than welcome!
- More hours in a day. With more work comes more responsibility – or something like that. I am sure you understand the need (want?) to have more than 24 hours in a day so that you can do more work. Unfortunately, this will remain a wish forever.
- A week off without having to worry about work. Talk about being contrary! I’d love to have more work, but I would also love to have a week (or two) off without worrying about quotas, deadlines, and all the things that come with freelance writing. I’d love to spend a day just reading, sleeping, and eating. While we’re freelance writers, who are supposed to be in control of our time, we all know that taking time off can be a luxury at times.
- Coffee!!! Here’s something that’s more realistic. We all have our preferred drink, but I think there are a lot of you who are coffee drinkers like me. Wouldn’t it be nice to receive really good coffee like Blue Mountain or some other exotic beans?
- A nice mug for all that coffee. I’ve got my favorite mug, but there is always room for a new writer’s mug like this one. (Don’t worry if you put something else in this mug to fit the message…)
This particular freelance writer would be happy to get all of the above for Christmas. What do you want for Christmas?