Who We Are
Babylist is the leading vertical marketplace and commerce destination for baby, driving purchase decisions for more than 8 million people each year. Utilizing robust proprietary data, patented technology, and unbiased editorial guidance, Babylist recommends expert-tested products to those starting their parenting journey so loved ones can offer their support. Babylist registries connect new parents and their community of family and friends who help plan, prepare, and shop for a child’s arrival. Babylist is the generational brand in baby, leading the $67 billion baby products market as the trusted go-to solution for growing families. To learn about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content, and more, visit www.babylist.com.
Our Ways of Working
We’re a remote-first company with team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees so people can get the work done in the way that suits them best.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to quickly build those relationships, we offer the opportunity to meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually. Most of our roles are fully remote, but these opportunities to meet in person will involve limited amounts of travel.
What the Role Is
Babylist is looking for a Freelance Commerce Writer with an eye for trends, design and the best buys to work with the Content Team. The ideal candidate is an online shopping-obsessed writer/curator with a talent for uncovering the hidden gems of online retailers. You’ll bring a fresh perspective and curation to SEO-optimized gift guides and tentpole shopping events, and you will inspire and empower our audience to discover the best gifts, products and deals for them, their families and friends (you’ll be recommending shopping and gifting ideas to more than 7 million people a month!).
Who You Are
- You’re THE curator of the internet. You know how to find the best deals and products and gifts people just need to buy
- You’re extremely user-centric and have a deep understanding of what kinds of products resonate with both parents and their family and friends
- You have 3+ years of experience writing shopping/commerce editorial content
- You can expertly juggle and meet multiple deadlines and know how to prioritize competing tasks
- You have a proven track record of writing quickly, gracefully and accurately
- You’re social media savvy, and pay close attention to emerging trends and products
How You Will Make an Impact
- Help parents and their family and friends find the best gifts for the people in their lives
- Curate and write super-shoppable, authoritative product roundups, gift guides and sales/deals articles (both evergreen and timely)
- Regularly update top-performing gift guides and shopping roundup
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.