We’re looking for a talented editor to join the PepperStorm team and work with us on a variety of projects on an ongoing basis.
We have a wide variety of clients across a variety of sectors, so you’ll be in charge of proofreading/editing a range of 500, 750, 1000, 1500 and 2000-word articles and uploading them to our clients’ blogs.
All of our writers are professional copywriters and they run their articles through spell-checking apps before submitting.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Proofreading/editing articles in line with our style guidelines
- Uploading and formatting the copy to WordPress (along with images supplied by the writers)
- Completing back-end SEO (keywords, meta descriptions)
- Scheduling the articles
- Communicating with the team of writers and our Account Manager
- Creating Article Templates, including basic keyword research
We also have larger, Website Content Edit & SEO Audit projects that we can assign on an ad hoc basis once you’re onboard – this is where a deeper knowledge of SEO will come in handy.
The ideal candidate will be:
– Experienced in editing and proofreading (can spot a tpyo at 50 paces!)
– Experienced with WordPress (and have the ability to learn other platforms such as Squarespace, etc.)
– Understand general SEO (keywords, meta descriptions, etc.)
– Able to copy-edit where necessary to ensure the correct tone and style is used
– Able to start immediately with 20+ articles per month
– Available to take on between 20-40+ articles per month
Preferable but not essential:
– Proficiency in SEO
We’re expecting a high volume of response for this ad and will only be replying to a selected shortlist, so please don’t apply if:
– English is not your first language
– Your written English is not first-rate (any typos, errors, etc. in the email will lead to automatic disqualification)
– You don’t have any professional editing experience
Examples – Please include links to your published work.
Fee – We pay per article / template / project at the end of each month. The hourly rate should work out at approximately $25-30USD per hour.
Also, please write ‘Hemingway’ as the first word in the email subject (so we know that you read all of the instructions!).
I look forward to hearing from you.
David & the PSM team
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]