We’re on a mission to make work better for everyone, everywhere. We empower people to thrive at work, without creating more work for them.
Who we are
We’re an action management platform that makes it easy for organizations to improve their morale, engagement, and performance—every single week. At Humu, we know that all great things start small, which is why we give people the exact step-by-step support they need to reach big goals.
We are looking for passionate collaborators who are excited about building a product that empowers people to improve themselves, and the teams around them.
As a Freelance Writer, you will work directly with the Head of Product Content and join a team of freelance writers and editors to develop new content for Humu, focusing primarily on our “nudges”: science-backed recommendations that help our users improve their working lives.
We are looking for someone who can translate behavioral science research into short pieces of content that are easily understood by a general audience, while adhering to our brand voice and tone. It is also important to us that you apply recent trends in writing for diversity and inclusion.
What you’ll do
- Read through Humu’s Science Guides and pull out ideas for nudges
- Write first drafts of nudges, and work with our editors and behavioral scientists to apply their feedback
- Make sure that your writing adheres to Humu’s brand voice and tone, and help us maintain our style guide
- Native fluency in English
- At least four years writing about or researching social science
- A knack for translating complex science and technical language for a lay audience
- Excellent storytelling abilities—you have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience writing for business audiences (e.g. specifically for managers, executives, etc)
- Experience with project management tools, such as Asana or Jira
- Bonus: Experience with human resources; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and/or behavioral change content
This is a contract role.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.