Abundant Life Church
Position: Content Writer
The position of Content Writer will produce content for website, blogs, social media, printed materials.
- Abide daily in Christ (John 15:5).
- Live for the mission and vision of Abundant Life as found in God’s word (Matt 22:36-40; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Participate in an Abundant Life group (Acts 2:41-42) as well as the discipleship ministry (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Live in a way that glorifies God and aligns with the staff core values (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9).
- Be committed to both equipping (Eph. 4:12) & giving to the needs of the saints (2 Corinthians 8:1-7 & 9:12)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Produce content for website, blogs, social media, printed materials.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of our websites.
- Use current sermon series to create/write study guides.
- Coordinate with contractors, interns, and volunteer writers to ensure all daily content needs are met and submitted on time.
- Serve as the “second set of eyes” on ministry content pieces for editing.
- Provide occasional scriptwriting support for original video or audio content.
- Write creative, fresh copy that connects with the target audience and drives the user to act.
- Produce well-researched content and adapt for every execution, selecting the right tone, style, structure, and voice based on audience, usage, space, strategy, media, and brand considerations.
- Ensure that content produced is free of errors and is of high quality in terms of grammar, spelling, punctuation, accuracy, and the AL style Guide.
Skills and Qualifications
- Expert-level writing and editing skills.
- A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of work-related experience is a must.
- Theological understanding and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to foster relationships and partnerships.
- Confidence, decisiveness, and a resilient attitude.
- Adaptability to tailor your writing to a defined style.
- A willingness to get into heated debates over semicolons, ellipses, and em-dashes—and to mount a proper defense of the Oxford comma.
Above all, AL relies heavily on the embodiment of the Staff Core Values in all areas of the ministry to support our mission of seeing lives changed by Jesus and our vision of being living proof of a loving God to a watching world. The essential functions and responsibilities listed are tailored to the position but are not intended to be all-inclusive of the traits needed to perform the job.
*It is the policy of Abundant Life Baptist church to provide a workplace free from discrimination. We base all employment decisions on job-related qualifications and merit, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, military status, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.