Sporcle is the leading provider of trivia entertainment at live shows, on the web, and on mobile devices worldwide. On the web, we operate sporcle.com, with around 4M monthly users, which is a top popular trivia website in the United States. The website has over one million user-generated trivia quizzes that have been played over 4 billion times. Our live shows bring entertainment to customers every week where our Sporcle hosts engage and delight. Our purpose is to create mentally stimulating diversions that bring people together. We believe in making knowledge fun for everyone.
Work for the dynamic industry leader in trivia dedicated to partnering with our clients to deliver the best experience to their customers.
Ever wonder what’s behind the curtain of a website with millions of users and billions of game plays? Help the Sporcle Content and Product teams make the user experience even better.
A web content editor/moderator is the bridge between Sporcle staff and the Sporcle community. With new quizzes and features being released every day, we need individuals who can work independently to ensure content is fun, accurate, and true to the Sporcle brand.
If you are intellectually curious, like finding better ways to do things and can see the “big picture” when it comes to giving users what they want, then this may be the job for you.
This role is a part-time, Seattle-based position with opportunities to advance.
- Research and edit trivia content
- Verify and update data using reputable sources
- Respond to user feedback and troubleshoot incoming issues
- Edit images and photos
- Brainstorm unique and innovative ideas for headlines, comments, and blog posts
- Actively manage and promote the Sporcle brand on our social media platforms
- Create and maintain a variety of content types, including email campaigns, social media posts, quizzes, and blogs
- Support team in testing software
- Recommend upgrades or improvements for existing systems and programs
- Previous content editing and/or writing experience
- Previous experience working in a customer service role is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with proven ability to speak confidently and professionally
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates a high level of accountability and professionalism in all dealings
- Possess a fun, engaging style
- Professional, positive, and enthusiastic writing tone
- Strict attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Proficient computer skills
- Previous experience as a Sporcle user is preferred
- Conduct an initial interview with our video interviewing application. Don’t be afraid to let yourself shine!
- Live in the Seattle, WA area (remote work may be considered based on experience)
Sporcle believes in protecting its employees and customers. Employees are presently working from home and will be expected to return to work at 50% in office beginning September 7th. Sporcle follows CDC, State, and Federal guidelines.
WHY CONSIDER SPORCLE?
- Grow your web and mobile development skills
- Collaborate and connect with fun, talented employees who share a passion for learning
- Develop your skills and gain experience
- Build exciting new friendships while getting paid
- Work for an industry leader
EEO Employer / Vet / Disabled
Visit us at Sporcle.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.