Investopedia is seeking a contract news writer to cover breaking business news stories. You will exercise excellent journalistic reporter skills as you tackle assignments for stories about companies, financial markets, fiscal and monetary policy, and financial regulation, among other topics. The stories you tell will help active investors make unbiased and smart financial decisions about publicly traded companies, understand the regulatory landscape, and take action on market trends. A strong understanding of the finance world, particularly equities, is preferred.
About Your Contributions:
- Write clean, objective, and informative stories with clear reader takeaways
- Meet regular daily deadlines, quickly producing top-notch news
- Actively pitch news stories that help educate and contextualize market-moving news and trends
- Availability up to 40 hours per week Monday-Friday, for daily shifts that may include morning, afternoon, or evening hours in the Eastern Time Zone. Shifts can be as short as 3 to 5 hours a day.
- Two to five years writing financial business news for a respected news outlet
- A knack for clearly and succinctly translating financial jargon to a lay audience
- An undeniable passion for fast-paced breaking news
- An understanding of financial markets, how they work, and what moves them
- Extreme attention to detail and impeccable reporting skills
- Technical familiarity and comfort working within various systems such as a CMS, project management programs, and messaging platforms
- Earn 20 to 50 per hour, commensurate with experience and subject to negotiation.
- Remote candidates acceptable.
- Financial news contacts, financial sector specific background, and/or newsletter writing background a plus
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.