Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded media and technology company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video, unique experiences, and product solutions. Blavity Inc. has evolved into a market leader for Black media, reaching 250 million users per month through our growing brand portfolio, including Blavity, Blavity360º, AfroTech, Talent Infusion, 21Ninety, Travel Noire, Home & Texture, and Blavity House Party. Our Blavity, Inc. employee community is composed of passionate, energetic, and culturally conscious individuals working together to deliver value to each other, the company, and our clients. We are always searching for new additions to our community that will help us continue to scale, contribute meaningfully to our culture, and advance our strategic direction.
Blavity Inc. seeks a tech-savvy Content Writer (AI Researcher) to join our editorial team in an impactful role harnessing the power of AI to enhance and expedite writing. The Content Writer (AI Researcher) will focus on integrating the latest Artificial Intelligence tools into our research, drafting, and publishing processes to reduce production time frames while expanding creative boundaries.
This position is a (1099) contractor.
This role will report directly to the SEO Editor and the Associate Director of SEO.
Contractors will be responsible for providing their own equipment, including but not limited to laptop computers, cell phones, or any other electronic equipment required to perform their role.
- Employ AI assistants for rapid information discovery and context-building on assigned topics
- Leverage AI drafting capabilities for foundational content structure and voice
- Validate AI-generated outputs for factual reliability, ethical standards, and brand alignment
- Ensure that content is structured and well optimized for performance and adheres to SEO best practices
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Experience:
- 1+ years experience using WordPress (or other Content Management Systems) to author, publish, and edit content
- Knowledge of the latest AP Style guidelines and best practices for writing online
- Basic understanding of core SEO concepts
- Exemplary writing and content creation skills as demonstrated by an online portfolio
- Command balancing automation efficiencies with human creativity and oversight
- Diligence vetting usage against misinformation and plagiarism risks
- Preferred Experience:
- 2+ years of writing
- Prior experience updating content or working with a digital publisher
- Technologies: Fluent in Google Suite, Asana and WordPress CMS or comparable Content Management System
- Additional Qualifications:
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a positive, can-do approach
- Comfort performing research to ensure our information is accurate and highly useful to readers
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; willing to wear multiple hats
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
- This is a fully remote role, occasional travel may be required.
- Candidates must be available to work at least 80% in alignment with the Eastern Time Zone.
- The hourly rate for this role is $15 – $20.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online
To apply for this job please visit blavity.applytojob.com.