When I first began freelancing, I found clients by searching for “Write for Us” pages of different websites. In fact, I found a couple of cushy gigs writing for websites that weren’t very well known. I’ve been wanting to compile a list of many of these types pages for some time, and since we’re talking about markets this week, it seemed to be as good a time as any. You’d be surprised at how many unadvertised opportunities are out there. Today’s offering is only part one.
Keep in mind that I did my best to find paying markets. If the “Write for Us” page clearly states it’s a non-payer, I didn’t include it. I also didn’t include those markets only paying a rev share. Some pages here didn’t indicate one way or another whether they pay. If I thought there was a chance, I dropped it on the list. If payment is indicated, it’s noted next to the link. In many cases, it’s noted there is pay, but the amount isn’t specified. Also, some of these are book publishers. Since many members of the Freelance Writing Jobs community are aspiring book authors, I felt it appropriate to add them here.
I hope you find something here that interests you!
75 Write for Us Pages
- About.com – Pays $675/month plus bonuses
- Adobe Press – Accepting book proposal.
- American Ceramics Society – $35/blog post – $350 – $900/article
- American School Board Journal – Payment varies
- American Speech – Language Hearing Association – Unspecified pay
- Archaeology Magazine – Payment varies.
- AskDeb.com – Unspecified pay. (no relation)
- AuctionBytes – $20/article
- Bilblio Buffet – Pays $10 – $30
- Brady Books – Textbook publisher accepts proposals
- BrothersFit – $20+/post
- The Business Edition – Unspecified pay
- Business Today – Unspecified pay
- Campus Nut – Unspecified pay
- The Change Agent – Pays $50
- Cisco Press – Looking for Book Proposals
- Code Gravity – Send rate quote with query.
- Complinet – Unspecified pay.
- Consumerist – Not sure about the pay.
- CraftBits – Unspecified pay.
- CrazyLeaf Design – Payment starts at $20/post
- DatabaseDev. – $30 – $50/article
- Developer Tutorials – $30 – $100
- Dollar Stretcher – Pays .10.word
- Dropzone.com – $100
- EclipseZone – Unspecified pay.
- Expat Daily News – Unspecified pay.
- Freelance Switch – Pays $60/guest post
- GoMediaZine – Pays up to $300/article
- Graphic Mania – Payment varies
- Green Options – Payment varies
- Green Prophet – Unspecified pay.
- HackNMod – $10 – $40/post
- Hand Cell Phone – Pays $8 – $15/cell phone review.
- Head First Book s– Accepting proposals
- Home School today – Payment varies. Averages .10/word
- The Humanist – Unspecified pay.
- IBM Press – Accepting book proposals.
- International Living – Pays $50
- ISHN – Contact for guidelines
- Jewish Daily Forward – Payment varies
- Killer Directory – $15/post
- LabMice – Pays $60 – $100
- Los Angeles Restaurants – Pays up to $40/article
- LoveToKnow– Pays $20 – $25 for a 650 word article.
- Lutheran Digest – $35/article
- MakeMeHeal – Pays $10 – $20
- Messaging Talk – Pays up to $100/article
- Michigan Metro Parents – Pays $30 – $250.
- Microsoft TechNet -Unspecified pay. Writers who are employed by Microsoft aren’t eligible for paying opportunities.
- Miller-McCune – Unspecified pay.
- MobiForge – Paying market but unspecified pay.
- Neutral Existence – $20 – $30
- PeachPit Press – Accepting book proposals.
- Pervasive Computing – Unspecified pay
- Philadelphia Restaurants – $5 – $40
- Port Iris – $10 per short story.
- ProBlogDesign – Pays $125/post
- PS Deluxe – $50/tutorial
- Qatar Vistor – $75/article
- Rough Guides – Accepting proposals.
- SAPCookbook – Unspecified pay.
- Seattle Dining – Pays $50 – $60
- Sex, etc. – $75/article
- Simple Talk – Unspecified pay.
- SitePoint – Pays $100 + bonuses
- SmallBizLink – Makes no mention of pay, but owned by Monster.com.
- SQL Server Performance – Pays $25 – $200
- Strategy Page – Pays $20/article
- Trazzler – Pays $1000/month
- Tutorial Reports – Unspecified pay – only pays contributors in India and U.S.
- Web Services Architect – Unspecified pay.
- The Woman’s Media Center – Unspecified pay.
- Youth Specialties – $40+
…To be continued. There are plenty more where these come from and I’ll be posting them here!
Please let us know if you successfully pitched one of these markets and how you did it! Also, don’t miss our lists of greeting card markets, poetry markets and our regular Monday writing markets….plus be sure to check out this list of writing markets paying over $100.
Image via stock.xchnge