What are your freelance writing goals?
I’m not talking about a monetary goal, I’m wondering what you hope to achieve as a freelance writer. For example, my goal right now is to be entirely self-sufficient and earn a living as a writer – but writing for myself and not for others. I’m at the point where I could give up client work if I wanted to, thanks this blog and my ebooklet. However, I’m not at the point where I would like to be yet. I have some projects and collaborations in the works to help me achieve my ultimate goal.
Is your goal to:
- Enjoy the freelance writing lifestyle as long as you can so you can continue to work at home and on your terms?
- Enjoy a successful residual-based income?
- Become a published book author?
- Earn money through your own blogs and websites?
- Work at home, not necessarily as a freelance writer but doing anything that will allow you do stay home.
What are you doing to achieve that goal? For example, I switched things around this year with my freelance writing. Instead of working for clients full time like in the past, I’m working for myself full time and taking on part time client projects as supplemental income. This has enabled me to focus on my own self-sufficiency. I also have a somewhat successful part time social media consulting business going and taking these occasional projects help to fund my personal writing. I know this approach doesn’t work for everyone and if I haven’t been building this blog for so many years, I wouldn’t be able to do this.
What steps are you taking to achieve your ultimate freelance writing goal? Are you working to make ends meet, or do you have your eye on a particular prize?